Monday, August 16, 2004

An all time low

So, today I hit an all-time low. As I have mentioned in previous blogs, I quit my job. And, because I am such a nice person, I decided to give my employer 5 weeks notice. Working out said notice has proven to be the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I don't want to go to work - the people that I work with annoy me and it just isn't fun anymore.

To add insult to injury, my boss has decided that it would be a good time to get her vacation in - since I won't be there to cover for her after this week. This really stinks for me for a couple of reasons - 1.) I have to pick up the slack and do part of her work, on top of my own. 2.) When she is out I have to open the bank - which means I have to get up at 6 instead of 7:30. Now, the only benefit to the opening shift is that you are supposed to get off work at 4:15. I wouldn't mind getting up early if I thought I would actually get to leave at 4:15, but inevitably some idiot will come in at 4:10 and want to talk to me for an hour about the overdraft charges they have incurred, thus making it impossible for me to leave on time. Today it looked as though I was going to get to leave around the scheduled time. So, at about 4:10 I started packing up – it was at this time that I saw one of my extra high maintenance clients headed towards the door. I was not in the mood to help this person, so I made a split second decision - get out and get out fast - It was at this point that I actually picked up my belongings and began to walk very quickly out the back door. I was approximately half way between the door to the bank and my car when I heard this person shout my name. Something came over me in that moment and I began to sprint for my car. I really don’t know what possessed me to do that; it’s not like I would have been able to help her in the parking lot. I easily would have been able to explain that I was late for an appointment and excused myself – I just didn’t. Instead, I got in my car, locked to the doors and peeled out of the parking lot. Boy, Friday can’t come soon enough…

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Marilee!!

I heard you were moving back to Houston!! I'm so excited, be sure to get in contact with me when you get here so that we can hang out and catch up!! Let me know if you need any help with your move!!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Tabs said...

OH MY GOSH, THAT IS AWESOME!!!! I love it Marilee! That is so fabulous! I would have done the same thing if I were you. But now, you don't have to worry about that happening anymore. NO MORE MIDFIRST!!!! Woohoo!!!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home