Me or the flowers
The Flowers
So, I quit my job. That's right - I finally made the decision to leave Oklahoma City and move back to Houston. I have to tell you – once you make the decision to quit your job, things just aren’t the same. For example, today I was sitting at my desk contemplating life and wondering if I have made the right decisions – specifically, the decision to leave my job… Then it occurred to me, I have, without a shadow of a doubt made the best decision. This became crystal clear when the courier delivered a bill for the beautiful flowers that sit on my desk. Don’t worry – I didn’t send flowers to myself, the bank actually pays for fresh arrangements to be delivered every Monday. Being the curious person that I am, I couldn’t help but glance at the invoice. After a quick calculation it became painfully clear just how valued I am by the company. Simply put, the bank pays the same amount of money to have the flowers sit at my desk as they do for me to sit at my desk. So my question is this – why have I been doing anything but sitting there and looking pretty? That’s all the flowers do and they haven’t gotten fired.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home